We often see friendships develop between ENN Members and Volunteers. Here are just a few examples.
- A member/volunteer who lost her dog early this year met a member who was seeking dog-walking assistance. Since then, the two have been walking the member's two dogs every week.
- A couple volunteered to drive a member to an event and discovered a shared love of art. They visited the Bellevue Arts Museum together and have since become regulars at ENN's bi-weekly Art History Special Interest Group.
- A volunteer and member discovered they were both SIFF members. When the member could no longer get to Seattle on her own, the volunteer accompanied her to 5 films.
- A volunteer who loves gardening began helping a member with her extensive garden. They became friends and are now working together on a book on gardening.
- A member who loves bridge volunteered to start a bridge-for-beginners group that has met weekly since February. (They are no longer beginners!)
- A member whose yoga teacher also teaches meditation invited her teacher to lead a Mindfulness Meditation Group. The teacher volunteered to guide a group that has met every other week since March and will gather at a member's home for a special dinner in December.
- Several members wanted to learn Mahjong and are now playing weekly with a group of residents at The Gardens at Town Square (our platinum sponsor).