Members of the Eastside Neighbors Network enjoy two types of benefits:
- Social, cultural, and educational events and interest groups tailored to members' interests and schedules
- Volunteer Services such as transportation and general household assistance
The social activities of Eastside Neighbors Network fall into three categories:
1. Public events every month or two on topics of broad interest to seniors and their caregivers. We have had programs on estate planning, emergency preparedness, mindfulness, fall prevention, and a talk by Master Gardener and ENN Member Pat Roome, Bookmark our Events Calendar and/or sign up for our Mailing List to stay current on what's happening next.
2. Member-initiated activities that are open to everyone. Examples are Movie Matinees (low-priced tickets at local theaters), a walking group, our annual picnic, etc.
3. Members-only activities organized by members. In recent months, members have initiated a Bridge Group for Beginners, a meditation group, an art history group, and informal gatherings in members' homes. Feel free to complete our planning survey and suggest ideas of your own. Planning Survey
Volunteers provide Full Service Members with services such as transportation, help with grocery shopping or other errands, light housework, light yard work, putting out and taking in trash and recycling bins, tech help, and friendly check-in calls or visits. Volunteers help with the kinds of things a friendly neighbor would do. No “hands-on” or medical-related services will be provided by volunteers. Member Services
invest in membership - enjoy the returns
Members of villages in the Pacific Northwest and nationally report that benefits exceed the cost both in terms of financial expenses and social engagement. Our Volunteers and Members form new friendships and enjoy satisfaction and peace of mind, knowing they are part of the ENN community.
BECOME A FOUNDING MEMBER!
We are so grateful for every person who joins us early in this adventure! Pilot Program participants are eligible to become Founding members; dues will remain the same as long as you continue your membership. As a Founding Member, you will be contributing directly to opening our virtual doors!
Eastside Neighbors Network offers Builder and Full Membership options for individuals and couples.
Builder Member (Social engagement tailored to member interests):
- Individual: $120
- Couple: $200
Full Service Member (Social + Volunteer Support):
- Individual: $300
- Couple: $500
BUILDER (Social) MEMBERSHIP: Builder Members are eligible to attend all ENN-sponsored events on our calendar including private in-home programs hosted by members. The Builder membership is designed for residents who won't be needing services any time soon, but would still like to take part in the social and community-building aspects of our Village. Builder Members have access to the Membership Directory.
FULL SErVICE Membership: Full service members enjoy all the benefits of Builder Membership and are also eligible for volunteer services.
GIVE THE Gift OF Membership
If you have a relative or neighbor who would benefit from being a part of our virtual village, give them their first year for free! Contact us at (425) 270-8408 and we'll help figure out the details.